Railgen MK5-175DA Generator
The Railgen MK5-175DA diesel-powered generator is designed specifically for use by passenger railcars. The generator is mounted under the railcar in a low-profile, silencing enclosure, and is designed to provide continuous, prime or auxiliary power. All Railgens by Stadco are available as ready-to-install packages. They’re also specifically designed for reliability as well as ease of operation and maintenance.
- Single-source, ready-to-install package.
- Easily-accessible service points – all routine service points are within reach of the service access doors.
- Full silencing enclosure with vibration isolation and crash stops.
- 1800 RPM Deutz Diesel engines for quiet, long-lasting performance.
- Heavy duty industrial quality – expect normal service life of 15,000 – 25,000 hours before engine overhaul.
- Cooling air filtering for extended service life.
- Comprehensive factory support backs each Stadco Railgen.
Unit Output Rating:
- 3-Phase, 240/480VAC, 60 Hz
- 175.0 kW Intermittent @ 0.8 PF. Recommended maximum duty cycle of 25%, limited to 15min./hr.
- 168.0 kW Lt. Continuous @ 0.8 PF. Recommended maximum duty cycle of 50%, limited to 30min./hr.
- 160.0 kW Continuous @ 0.8 PF. 100% Duty cycle
Size & Weight:
- 110.0″ L x 44.34″ W x 32.25″ H
- 4200 lbs.
Engine Sound Level:
- 91dB(A) @ 1 Meter (3.28 Ft.)
- 77dB(A) @ 7 Meters (27.97 Ft.)
- Deutz, 1800 RPM, 4-Cylinder Diesel Engine, Turbo & CAC Liquid Cooled, 7.14 L (435 CID)
- Electronic Engine Governing
- Electronic Regulated, 4-Pole, Brushless A.C. Alternator, 1800 RPM, 60 Hz.
- Class “H” Insulation
Remote Control Panel
- Auto-Logic Control System
- 5-Fault Indicator Lamps
- Engine Logic Controller w/Auto-Crank
- Toggle Switch Start/Stop Operation
- Emergency Stop Switch
- Starter Lockout
- AC Voltmeter
Six-Point Engine Protection System:
- Low Oil Pressure
- Engine Overheat
- Low Coolant Level
- Starter Lockout
Local Control System
- Unit-Mounted Control Panel
- Dry Type Air Cleaner Service
- Hold to Start
- Master Control Switch for Starting Engine Manually
- Preheat Switch for Cold Weather Starting
- Press and Hold Start Switch to Start Engine
- 12VDC Circuit Breaker to Protect Against Shorted or Overloaded Circuits
- Single-Phase Ammeter Panel
- Kit #1223: 3-Phase Ammeter Panel (Wall Mounted)
- Power Distribution Box on End Panel
- Kit #1498: Secondary Anti-vibration Mounts
- Kit #1508: Roll-Out Service Track
- P/N: 57034 750W, 120V, 1 Ph. Block Type Heater w/Plug In Cord
- Muffler Insulation Wrap
- Electronic Governor – Standard
- Kit #1509: Dual Racor Primary Fuel Filter
- Water Separator
- Battery Charger
- V-13 Amerex Fire Suppression System
- P/N: #29-5212 Air Compressor 300cc Capacity
- On-Site Check out and Start-up
- MK5 Series Full Line Specifications (PDF)
- MK5 Series Full Line Sales Sheet (PDF)
- MK5 Series Control System Sales Sheet (PDF)
- MK5-175DA Line Drawing (PDF)
- MK5-175DA Installation Instructions (PDF)
- MK5-175DA Service Chart (PDF)
- MK5-175DA Service Parts (PDF)
- Operators Manual is provided with your genset. You may also request a copy by contacting us.